Friday, 18 September 2015

Today will always be the most important time

My health has improved exponentially over the last few weeks. It's exciting to feel this shift. Can I put it down to the months of eating for health, inspired by Ella's recipes and experiences found in her book, Deliciously Ella.
Perhaps it's the daily undertaking of self massage (to encourage drainage of the lymphatic system) discovered from the ground breaking research of Dr Raymond Perrin (the Perrin technique is now being trialled by the NHS) combined with sessions of cranial osteopathy. Could it be the daily meditation sessions and the progressive development of mindfulness in daily activities? Reiki for balancing and increasing energy (momentous shift after a Reiki share)? Alternative massage treatments (healing and supportive). I'd like to think my positive attitude, drive and determination have played a key role too.
Fundamentally though, commitment has been paramount. My own commitment and the incredible support I've received throughout the year have caused such a shift in my body and mind. I began to trust in myself, let go of any doubts and fears.
I watched TED talks of people coming to terms with illness, improving their lives and most incredibly, overcoming terminal illnesses. I've researched new attitudes in the body's ability to self heal. When Western medicine has no answer we feel alone but with support, love and commitment, something special can happen. In my darkest moments I have received inspiration, hope and deeper clarity. Illness has brought opportunity and a new vision of what life can be like in the future.
Each day I learn something new, I do not procrastinate, I say yes to opportunities, I accept help and I am now in a position to assist others again.
Of course there's always the possibility that I may relapse but then again I may not. Today is for living. We do not know what tomorrow will bring so for today I'm grateful for love, support, health and happiness.
Finding gratitude on a daily basis is a good place to start. Initially, I was grateful to wake up to a new day, a new start. The past is just that, leave it with yesterday. Today will always be the most important time. Try something new today, could even be a new way of thinking. Whatever you do or think today could have the power to positively transform your tomorrows.


No comments:

Post a Comment