Friday, 26 June 2015

Recover Your Life

Out here there is no waiting...
Waiting in a queue can sometimes feel like forever but we wait for the promise of what is to come. Waiting for news of our health is difficult though because we do not know what is to come. Do we have to wait? Isn't life for the living? Yes, of course, remember; where there's life theres hope. Find a way to live now! This is it folks, we won't get this time back.
It's so important to align our thoughts with positivity and I know you're wondering how can we do that with symptoms which can overwhelm us at the drop of a hat, when day to day living is a struggle?
There is a way for each of us to adapt and no, I did not want to adapt for the first few months and in my heart I long to be like the person I was before; with lots of energy, spontaneity and adventures. Realistically though, after several months and no quick fix I am learning to accept my situation and look for ways to enjoy life, to adapt without making my health problems more debilitating.
Throughout this experience and that's how I'm seeing it (for the most part) I have meditated and sometimes I've needed it a few times throughout the day, I use Reiki which I have intuitively adapted for my personal healing,  taking into account my new situation, combining both the Earth energy and Universal energy, I have enjoyed healing massage therapy, I continue to use visualisation and have faith. Emotionally, it is working and I am stronger. I read a lot of uplifting stories, self development and success stories. I watch for inspiration on You Tube, listen to audio books such as Think and Grow Rich, enjoy meditation apps or CDs such as Jon Kabat-Zinn, which
I blend the spinach raw
are so energising and can help us focus when we are struggling with bad days.
My ultimate aim is to help my body to alter at a deeper level so that it will continue to heal itself so I continue to eat a more thoughtful diet that resonates with my bodily needs. Diagnosed with IBS in my teens I have been aware of trigger foods so wheat, yeast, egg and milk are kept to a bare minimum. Already using dairy free milk, my favourite is the coconut or almond milk, not too many changes have been made. Spinach I already loved and used wholeheartedly. I eat more dark green, leafy vegetables, wholegrain rice, mostly plant based foods, whole grains and lean protein. The biggest change is the way I eat: I eat small amounts and more frequently. This way my digestive system is not having to work too hard, I do not choke as much, tiredness is kept at bay and my jaw does not ache from chewing.
This fabulous book called, 'Deliciously Ella' was given to me by friends and it has been an uplifting delight to read how someone else has adapted their life for the better and out of it come some truly delicious recipes.
My all time favourite from Ella's book is the recipe for Apple Puree. 
I was recently bought a food mixer/ blender and eating healthily is so much easier. One of the best things I've done is cut out sugar and replace it with pure honey and maple syrup. Try blending a banana, dairy free milk, maple syrup, raw cocao powder and cinnamon - delicious!
That's all for now. Would love to hear and share your experiences which are helping you to recover your life. Email me at wildthymestudio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment