Sunday, 10 May 2015

A New Day

A New Day
New challenges arrive with the light, streaming through the blind. My mind cries, 'I can do this!' I roll out of bed aware of how my body may let me down as my feet touch the floor.
Things are definitely improving today. I didn't want to whine in my last posts but these past few days have been tough. There have been hours when I've not been able to do anything. Yesterday, late afternoon was the first time I'd been able to go out for a walk since Monday. Of course my left knee was tricky, kept giving way but my son was amazing. At least we were out and as he said, 'Doesn't matter how long it takes, we're out.' I can't help  but smile at his wisdom. We are a determined pair, in all that we set out to do.
When I'm not feeling good, my aim for the day is to write something which could either be a tweet, a blog post or sentence to add to my growing novel. 
The way I see it, is that my body may be struggling but my mind is free to think. I choose my thoughts wisely and invest time in mindfulness and positivity. Things are easier to deal with when you feel calm and relaxed. Smile on the in breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment