Limbo noun (uncertainty) - an uncertain situation that you cannot control and in which there is no progress or improvement
Sunday, 31 May 2015
Breathe in Happiness
Being ill has been teaching me patience; something which I thought I previously had in abundance - wrong.
My positive thinking has been tested and that came as a surprise. All I can say on that is, 'breathe in happiness and let go of all the rest.'
The real thing which has kept me sane is my writing. It has been the one thing which gives me solace, plenty of time available and works anywhere. In bed I open the lap top propped up over my legs and blindly tap the keys. It's great as I don't have to move my arms or hold my posture. If things get too bad there is the dictation function. This has been a huge source of amusement to me because clearly the words I think I'm saying and those that arrive on the page are different. For example, I was talking about a man that had been brought up on a ranch but try reading it as 'branch' - well, it had me in stitches and as we know, 'laughter is the great healer.' I know I should get out more, especially after becoming mesmerised with the escalator, you know how it goes slow when no one's on it and then speeds up...well I'll say no more.
As I've mentioned before, 'cow therapy' is still top of my list and recently what has come to light is my son's psychology of my interest in birds. It's true, I love watching birds, especially in flight. So, it makes sense because according to my son (who I have a great deal of respect) it is the sense of freedom I am attracted to as my own is temporarily limited. I really think he's right. Freedom, spontaneity oh how I long for you again. What keeps you going? Whatever it is, keep doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment