
This is me in August 2014, on a camping trip with my son. An early walk along the beach.
You'll see on my profile, 'Be the best you can be...' I do still believe that in spite of having to overcome the variety of difficulties that have arisen during the last few months. The episodes (as I've come to call them) are unpredictable and debilitating. They may last for hours or days. I tell myself to adapt to overcome. It's a struggle, I fight with it but get nowhere so I relax and go with it.
Today, is six months since I collapsed on the stairs at the restaurant. 'Not good,' is what I last remember saying, while my son held my head and as though from a great distance away he said, 'stay calm Mum.' Then I found it hard to breathe and was unable to respond, see or hear very well. The ambulance came. I was able to see again but my legs wouldn't work very well and my speech was slurred. I fell asleep in the ambulance. The paramedics helped me into a gown at the hospital. I had wet myself. I thought I had been sick but there was nothing on my clothes.
What had happened to me?
We were supposed to be celebrating my Mum's birthday. We'd not had dessert yet. I remembered my throat felt strange, I coughed, my muscles relaxed, my whole body felt odd and I couldn't move.
Several hours in hospital and released, barely able to walk and exhausted. 'Not a brain tumour and you haven't had a heart attack.' Well of course, that was a relief!
So, what had happened to me? No further explanation, not even an educated guess.
The next two days were spent mostly in bed with a terrible migraine. An appointment was made with the Dr who made a referral to a Neurologist.
My day has not started off well but I have a little more energy now, so I thought I'd begin to blog my thoughts...
No comments:
Post a Comment